It is estimated that in 2016 Americans will spend more than $1 trillion in click-to-call commerce. Additionally, advisory firm BIA/Kelsey estimates that there will be over 93 billion consumer-to-business phone calls from smartphones and is expected to reach upwards of 162 billion by 2019.
Here are some additional key takeaways for marketers:
- Conversion rates from mobile phone calls are on average 4x Higher than those from desktop PCs.
- 5-25% of calls to advertisers convert into a sale, appointment, or reservation.
- Approximately 75% of calls to advertisers are product or service-related calls.
- Businesses spend approximately $64.6 billion annually on advertisements to generate phone call leads
- According to a survey of many businesses owners, phone calls are are considered the most valued form of lead
- The improvement of call analytics is a major driving force behind the growth of the pay-per-call industry. It’s never been easier for businesses to measure phone call data and use that data to optimize a pay-per-call campaign
- Call leads are most valuable to local verticals, especially those that are place a high value on acquiring new customers. Appointment-based verticals like financial, home, and professional services are especially effective with pay-per-call marketing